Managing Heat Delivery and Expression
Today's consumers like it hotter than ever. Consumer interest in bigger, bolder and more complex flavors will continue to drive the food market. According to the Packaged Facts Food Shopper Insights Survey of March 2011, 53% of U.S. grocery shoppers "somewhat" or "strongly" agree they "like hot and spicy foods." The percentage rises to 58% among 20- to 30 -year-old adults.
Creating just the right amount of heat in a food product can be a difficult and delicate process. Some products require no heat, some just a subtle amounts, and some need to sizzle.
Kalsec®'s Analytical and Sensory Research teams have worked for years to perfect the process of managing the amount and delivery of heat by isolating specific components from a wide variety of herbs, spices and vegetable. Kalsec® is the primary extractor for many of these pungent spices, which allows us maximum control over critical parameters:
Flavor and Aroma Profile
Additives on Label
Kalsec® Heat Management Products
Manufacturer of pesticide-compliant and unadulterated material
Precisely standardized for pungency, Kalsec® has developed a line of products ideal for particular applications:
- Oleoresin: Ideal for applications such as breading where a bright orange hue is desirable
- Aquaresin®: Water Dispersible: Ideal for emulsified applications where oil and water dispersible heat has value
- Decolorized: Precisely standardized pungency that delivers heat without color at typical dosage rates
- ClearCap® Super Soluble: Ideal for applications such as sauces and pickling brines where distinctive heat and water solubility are important
- Chili and Red Pepper: A low pungency extract with standardized high color
- Specialty Peppers: Chipotle and Jalapeño - Extracts that deliver culinary quality flavor with low heat
Additional Portfolio of Heat Management Products
Black Pepper Extract
Szechuan Pepper Extract
White Pepper Extract
Unique combinations of pungent ingredients and carriers that deliver heat and sensory attributes targeted for a specific time and palate location basd on individual applications. Kalsec®'s HeatSyncTM Systems provide precise control over:
Timing of Pungency
Pungent Perception (Sensation)
Location on tongue
Based on your specifications, Kalsec® experts in flavor, applications and sensory analysis will isolate and develop the ideal heat expression for your product.
The Kalsec® Guarantee
Sensory and Analytical Capabilities
Strict Quality Control Programs
Our team is in place to collaborate with your product development efforts to create exactly what you want your consumers to experience.